Windows Vista (Black Screen With cursor)

Shane198three

Baseband Member
Windows Vista SP 2

HP Laptop G60

Upon starting up the laptop, and going through the Startup process.. The computer snags at what would be timed out to be to login screen.. When it gets to this screen, the screen stays black, no apparent windows, images, anything at all.. The cursor is in the middle of the screen and movable..

CTRL + ALT + DEL = NO TASK MANAGER

Restart in Safe Mode.. Same issue..

Attempted multiple System Restore, from different times; I get an error :confused::: Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check). (0x80070017) :::confused:

After multiple more attempts, it was able to do a proper system restore..

Preformed Memory Test: PASS

Preformed Hard Disk Test: #1- 07 Fail

Thank you all for your assistance in coming to a resolution to this problem

Shane

@Preformed Hard Disk Test: #1- 07 apparently this could be as simple as a fresh install of your favorite OS, or as difficult as needing to replace the Hard Drive.. :-( bad HP bad..

07 0x07 Seek Error Rate N/A (Vendor specific raw value.) Rate of seek errors of the magnetic heads. If there is a partial failure in the mechanical positioning system, then seek errors will arise. Such a failure may be due to numerous factors, such as damage to a servo, or thermal widening of the hard disk. The raw value has different structure for different vendors and is often not meaningful as a decimal number.

I am going to continue attempting to find a fix for this without doing a fresh install for all of those that have also had this issue.

Performing fresh install of Windows 7 x64.. Will give status update once completed..

After fresh install of Windows 7 x64 everything appears to be working.. Unfortunately upon doing another Hard Disk Test... I still received the same error of "#1- 07 Fail" I informed my customer to contact HP Technical support and inform them of the issue, as his computer is still under 1 Year Warranty.

It seems that you have got some drive issues. You apparently know this. Please send us back a response of your final outcome.

Back
Top Bottom