Windows Vista

i have my vista beta on another partition. so xp is still safe. oh rewtguy, your username rings a bell. are you part of any other forums?.... maybe i just remember seeing you around here.. i dunno lol

torment1979 said:
So far I like vista, there are some simple things in xp that I can't do right now ie: shortcuts and etc... Its been stable for the most part for me, it runs HL2 and DODs without any problems. Ihuser did you upgrade your nvidia drivers to the new beta 88.41 yet? I'm running a 6200 oc 256 card without any major issues, the only thing that bugs me is that i can't run my sound blaster live right now. I'm just more surpized that i can still over clock my pc without any bluescreens. Overall vista will be nice, but they need to change the start menu or at least let you change it to xp style where the menu opens to the side. not this click on it crap, just my .2cent
yea look at your specs.. 4GB of ram. Im sure vista runs fast :eek:

30008if.jpg

lol...true i do have 4 gigs which most would say is over kill. Although vista uses about 25% of it at normal use. This os starts with 48 processes, and thats after I disabled some service in system admin. This os is a memory hog and you will need to max out an older system to run it. I guess i'll be swiching to a DDR2 type mobo, so i can run 8+ gigs of ram. No matter what most of our computers are going to be out dated by the time microsoft gets vista out anyways.

my pc runs vista fine with my specs so id love to run it with 4gb ram :D ... unfortunately my mobo only supports 2gb ram unless theres a way around it i dont know about :p

4 gigs is an overkill for Vista. However, if you're running lots of apps (games, in example), then 4 gigs will become a standard for vista. I will upgrade once vista comes out, I only have 2 gigs now, but 2 gigs is, in turn, an overkill for XP, because XP allocates only 1gig of RAM at the most for a single program. Unless you're cool like me and run winxp x64 which allocates unlimited memory for a single program, even if it can't use that much. :cool:

Hey I just want to be cool and say i have 4 gigs! :) j/k...I use xp pro 64 on my server, but overall I wish i could run my games on gentoo. Hopfully someone will find a way soon, lindows and etc...just don't cut it.

Which games? Most are portable through emultors you know... But usually those that are heavily dependant on directX take a year or two to get rid of the bugs and glitches

Day of defeat source and quake 4 are the two i'm currently playing online. I both depend on directX 9c to run. I've tried running them in gentoo...but like stated to many glitches.

Back
Top Bottom