Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
Rumor has it that it won't use WinFS, but the old NTFS still!!!! Damnit. At least, during its initial release. Later on, WinFS will be incorporated as standard in future releases.
yes u are right. they said the new FS would take 2 long and prolong the release so it will be comming out in later virsions, hopefully they will figure a way 2 make it a free patch 2 vista users that baught it before then!

Old 12-13-2005, 02:15 AM   #12
Golden Master

That's going to take forever. It's a good thing I have a MSDN account. I get it free no matter what. I'll get both versions and have it installed.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:52 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Your lucky TRDCorolla ... i wouldn't mind trying out Windows Vista for myself I've been waiting this long already ... seriously, i have to question what Microsoft have been spending all their time on ...
dyserq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 09:00 AM   #14
In Runtime

Are you all kidding me?! Windows Vista is going to be horrible.

I've been keeping tabs on it for quite a long time. Windows Vista's DRM protection is said to lock down many programs such as MP3 players and CD/DVD burning software. Not only that, but hardware drivers have to be Microsoft approved otherwise they will be locked by the kernel's DRM controls. This is a major backwards compatibility issue!!

That's not all! Those who purchase Vista will need a monitor that supports DRM protection otherwise their desktop will be 640 x 480 with a convenient message saying, "In order to view Windows in a higher resolution, you will need a monitor with DRM protection."

Don't believe me? Read this:
http://informationweek.com/story/sho...ID=167101058#_

and

http://www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1871&page=2

Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #15
Golden Master

With that info, either I stick with WinXP and 2003 or I just seitch to Linux...a good distro
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:32 AM   #16
Golden Master

Damn Microsoft. What the hell are they doing? Making it hard for us to use their OS. They just want us to spend more money on hardware. Isn't HDCP better technology though? It looks promising. Looks like I'll be buying another monitor, again.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:49 AM   #17
Golden Master

What?!? I'm not getting another monitor. I've been using my good ye old 17 CRT for 5 years now, and recently switched over to LCD [While still using my Good ye old CRT]. I don't like switching expensive computer parts, just because of some Windows Product. Shame though, I was looking foward to using the new OS, butI don't like using small 640 X 800 screens either.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:06 AM   #18
Golden Master

That's HDCP!

that computer screen will costs our eyes out You need a DVI monitor by then...there will be no more CRT

Another pic:

@Moose Man: WinFS will come out with Blackcomb
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:34 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan

well all that doesn't sound good but they better change it. vista sure wont be all 2 sucessfull if they do that and even though i do believe what those sites say microsoft wont do that because they want their product in every home....or so lets hope that they'll change it. we still got 2 remember that microsoft wont release alot of info on vista and it's still got a year-ish 2 develop so hopefully it's only temporary!!! otherwise that will suck and idk exactly sure what i'd do but LCD + low resolution = crappy lookin screen
Old 12-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #20
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMan
well all that doesn't sound good but they better change it. vista sure wont be all 2 sucessfull if they do that and even though i do believe what those sites say microsoft wont do that because they want their product in every home....or so lets hope that they'll change it. we still got 2 remember that microsoft wont release alot of info on vista and it's still got a year-ish 2 develop so hopefully it's only temporary!!! otherwise that will suck and idk exactly sure what i'd do but LCD + low resolution = crappy lookin screen

Many people were saying that DRM protection will be hacked... I believe it will...

Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote