Windows Vista

Logo

Beta member
I'm new to learning about computers, and am wondering when windows vista will be coming out? I would also like to know if it is worth rushing out and applying?

Just a little curious.

Welcome to the forums :)
Anyhow, they've already leased a BETA Edition 1 of Windows Vista for developers and subscribers to some of Microsoft services, but it is not yet out available to the public ... the final release of Windows Vista would probably be released next year although they haven't specified an exact date ...
Have to say though ... Microsoft sure has taken it's time :) 4 years since Windows XP :p

yea if you want some juicy information on it go 2 http://www.go.pcmag.com/vista they have alot of information on it. the going out and buying it is an opinion thing of rather u'll think it's worth it or not but i'd say it's 2 eairly 2 tell what it's worth. i do like how it's comming along and i'm sure it's gunna be very nice by late 2006, thats when they said it'll be slated, holiday season of 06

Late 2006??????????? I called Microsoft and the UK release date will be January/Feburary 2006.

Computer Genius said:
Late 2006??????????? I called Microsoft and the UK release date will be January/Feburary 2006.

They probably hit a snag and had to delay. But would MS really give out that sort of information over the phone? I thought they only said stuff like that during press conferences etc.

malbuc87uk said:
They probably hit a snag and had to delay. But would MS really give out that sort of information over the phone? I thought they only said stuff like that during press conferences etc.
yea u are right, there is no way they would just give out that information, trust me. on the things i have read they say even they have a hard time getting information out of microsoft.

Rumor has it that it won't use WinFS, but the old NTFS still!!!! Damnit. At least, during its initial release. Later on, WinFS will be incorporated as standard in future releases.

Back
Top Bottom