windows update

sidtymers

Solid State Member
Just installed windows xp and was doing windows update and off a sudden this was posted

Validation Failure: Product Key Failed Validation[0x80080220]

Why did my machine fail validation?

The product key found on your computer is from a Volume License Key (VLK), which has been blocked. A VLK is typically licensed to organizations who want to use multiple copies of Windows. However, if a VLK is reported as stolen or leaked, it is then blocked from passing through validation.

If you received a computer with a VLK, and you do not have a Volume License Agreement with Microsoft, then you may be a victim of software piracy. If this has happened to you, please see below for the steps you can take.

If you do have a Volume License Agreement with Microsoft, you believe you are using the appropriate VLK assigned to your organization, and your VLK has not been reported as stolen or lost, please contact your system administrator, Large Account Reseller (LAR), or Enterprise Software Advisor (ESA) to report the problem.

What do I do?

Looks to me like somebody installed a pirate copy of Windows somehow using your CD key. MS then detected this and blocked it.

I think all you can really do is try to prove to MS that you've got a genuine copy of Windows. Failing that, you'll have to buy a new one.

That's correct, their cannot be two copy's of the same Cd registered with micro$oft. That is why if you you borrow the windows xp cd's from a friend, you must not register it.

Back
Top Bottom