Windows says existing account does not exist
I've got a very interesting problem.
Credit to those who can solve this one:
My computer got really messy due to me trying to fix something. Unwise move.
I ran the Windows XP repair possibility, and I was prompted to create new user accounts, which I did.
When accessing MyComputer, XP tells me I have only 13GB out of 65GB left.
I can’t quite figure out this, because I can’t locate so many files nowhere.
I run “DiskSpaceFinder” to see where the GB’s have gone. No helpful results. “DiskSpaceFinder” reports results in line with what I expect would be left on the computer. I.e. it reports usage of about only 14 GB.
I install TuneUpUtilities 2009, and I run their space-check tool.
Surprise, surprise: All the used GB are located, and when I travel into the subdirectories, I find that TuneUpUtilities show me my old accounts INTACT.
In TuneUpUtilities I see:
I never really used Old2-Old4.
Old 1 was my primary user account, and I had over 35 GB stored there, which is in accordance with what TuneUpUtilities shows me.
Now-this get strange: When using TuneUpUtilities I am able to look in ALL my subdirectories in detail, but not when I enter C: manually.
When entering C; manually I find my old user accounts listed under DocumentsandSetting, and I am able to access Old2-4 but, and please pay attention now, I am NOT able to access Old1.
MyComputer tells me that Old1 has 0 byte date in it, and it flashed me a “’Old1 is NOT AVAILABLE. NO ACCESS” error
I can’t at all enter the account.
Can you answer this:
1) What has really happened here
2) Why on earth can I access my Old1 account IN DETAIL when using Tune Uputilities, but NOT AT ALL when entering manually in C:
3) How can this be amended. I really would like to use my Old1 account, or secondarily be able to copy the data from Old1 to New1