Windows product key

phoenixfury555

Beta member
Well I'm a noob, haven't formatted a comp before but I need to cos my games arent working.
I just wanted to know when I enter my product key do I enter the one located in, right click my computer > system properties > general and in the part that says "registered to" and then the number with OEM in it, or do i enter the one on the sticker that says "windows xp home edition OEM product" (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx)? ty

On any prebuild system like HP, Dell, Gateway where the OS is preinstalled you enter the product number seen on the sticker the manufacturer placed often found at the rear of the case itself. For any retail or oem disk bought separately you simply enter the one seen on the sticker for the sleeve the disk comes in.

you can download a free trial software for recovering your windows product key, i hope this is a relevent help unlike the above replies. http://www.adranix.co.uk/site/

One thing I found with a system information tool was one number seen in the information that couldn't be used to see Windows activated when tested later. In fact the product key for one of the RCs won't work when I wasn't at the machine when the prompt for the number was seen. The installer went on without it requiring a second number be used when going back for that.

Here's another good one is the upgrade option and entering the same product key that did work and finding a new one again was needed! :confused: I've seen this with pc games as well as other softwares including the latest Windows 7 downloads.

Back
Top Bottom