Windows Movie Maker and Vista...

Trainzer

Baseband Member
Okay, I have Windows Movie Maker installed on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. It keeps crashing constantly, and doesn't display messages or anything, just closes. It losses work I did, and does it frequently... it's VERY annoying. My computer came with a dumbed down amount of Roxio software, just a Creator Basic v9, Express Labeler, and MyDVD Basic v9. I hope none of the .dll files are causing any problems. I heard it may be an .ax file as well.

What should I do to troubleshoot/fix this problem. EVERY site I go to has tutorials for XP... and I can't convert the tutorial to Vista.

Cheers,
Joshua

Okay, I have Windows Movie Maker installed on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. It keeps crashing constantly, and doesn't display messages or anything, just closes. It losses work I did, and does it frequently... it's VERY annoying. My computer came with a dumbed down amount of Roxio software, just a Creator Basic v9, Express Labeler, and MyDVD Basic v9. I hope none of the .dll files are causing any problems. I heard it may be an .ax file as well.

What should I do to troubleshoot/fix this problem. EVERY site I go to has tutorials for XP... and I can't convert the tutorial to Vista.

Cheers,
Joshua

Windows Vista does have a hard time with WMM as I have seen other people have the same problem with using it on Vista. AVS is another free video editor, maybe that could work?

WMM sucks, period. The program is terrible, there is nothing good about it...um, I don't really know any free programs...but Sony Vegas is awesome for video editing. It's like a whole step up from WMM!

WMM sucks, period. The program is terrible, there is nothing good about it...um, I don't really know any free programs...but Sony Vegas is awesome for video editing. It's like a whole step up from WMM!

Vegas is the master of all video editing... or was it Adobe After Effects CS5?
Either way, they both cost a ton. Pinnacle Studios isn't as universal, but is sure a lot easier to use, which also is not free.
Bottom line: Free video editors do suck, but there are some free ones you can find, which basically resembles WMM to an extent. I found one called AVS Video Editor, and I have messed around with it, but I never bothered using it until my old HD died, and by that time I had Vegas Pro 9. These programs are NOT cheap, btw. But, you do with what you have, I suppose ;)

Back
Top Bottom