Windows Media Key Troubles

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
I recently got a new keyboard, a Razer Lycosa. There are media keys on it, including a volume up and volume down key. I have it set so it increases and decreases the volume in WinAmp, which is what I want. The only problem is it also changes the master volume for Windows, which is not what I want. I can't find anything to disable this in either the control panel or the keyboard's drivers, does anyone have some help for me? I'm on Win7 64bit if it matters. Thanks :)

So everything I was able to find on the Internet about Media keys simply related to changing registry values so that, for example, the mail key would launch a different program. Here's a few I found:
Rambunctious Ramblings: Configuring Keyboard Multimedia Keys Without Special Drivers | Ashish Vashisht (MoGlee)'s take on Life & Technology
Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista - How-To Geek

One of the downsides to windows not being open source... :(

Thank you for at least some sort of start. I wasn't able to find anything that could even lead me in the right direction.... I'll give those links a look and see what I can accomplish with them

Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista - How-To Geek

If I'm correct, using that, I can change the key to something that's not on my keyboard, and then map that to change the volume in winamp?

If I'm correct, using that, I can change the key to something that's not on my keyboard, and then map that to change the volume in winamp?

I would imagine that if you could change the controls in Winamp to a key combination not used, and then map a key to that function, it should work....

I would imagine that if you could change the controls in Winamp to a key combination not used, and then map a key to that function, it should work....

Well, I'm trying it now, so fingers crossed....

Well, that program was a no-go. It didn't edit the keys at all. Any other ideas?...

Back
Top Bottom