Windows Media Center File Missing

RyanC

Solid State Member
Hi, I recently got a new PC with Windows Media Center 2005 preinstalled. I reckon I must have done something while uninstalling the preinstalled crap, and now everytime I boot Windows I get a message about a file called "Activate.MSI". It apparently has something to do with the Sonic burning software that Media Center comes with. To get rid of this installation I must close it about 6-7 times whenever I boot. I can't find anything on Google about this file :confused:

Here is a screenshot so you can see exactly what happens:

http://www.bonafideimg.com/uploads/Activate.JPG

Thanks in advance :)

Try application recovery (under PC help & tools) and see if you can reload Sonic.
I assume you have either the system recovery discs or the system recovery partition on your hard drive? Either way it should allow you to reload seperate programs that came OEM.

pctechmike said:
Uninstall and reinstall Sonic, that should take care of the problem.

Thanks for the advice, but that is not the problem. The problem is more to do with the installation in the first place. Now, I have managed to rid myself of the constant exiting of the Sonic installation by deleting the registry keys for the install of it, however, now I am getting a blank Windows Installer window which appears for a number of seconds and flashes a few times while McAfee is booting up and then goes away.

It's not the problem....it's a possible solution. You manually edited the registry, and now one problem is gone, another problem has come up? Uninstalling and reinstalling the program wouldn't work? Why? Did you try the Sonic Web site, with the version of software you are running, and see if they had a fix? Well, I suggested, and you ignored, now you have new problem. Not sure on what you modified that could make what you're seeing pop up. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom