Windows to Mac help

RPressler

Solid State Member
Okay, so my school has recently decided to buy mass iBooks and MacBooks in the past few years. I'm rather good with Windows, so I can get past any filter the school has using windows.

i.e. I can get past the registry editing restriction by using the DOS commands to screw with the registry, etc.

However, I'm absolutely Apple-Stupid.

Could someone tell me a few things?

• I noticed that .exe programs don't run on Macs. What is the Mac equivalent to .exe and how can I convert an .exe to that format?
  • I know that there is a Mac equivalent to the Windows command line, although it takes Linux commands. What is this program called, and where can I find it to run it?

That's all I can think of for now.

Thanks,
Richard

macs use .app

you cant convert a .exe to a .app

mac version of windows command line is called terminal, and its found in applications > utilities > terminal.app

Hmm...so no windows applications will work on a Mac? I strongly dislike that. God damn school.

Thanks borat_sasdiyev,
Richard

well yea, theres mac versions of windows applications. just look on the official sites. what programs you wanting to use?

Hmm...so no windows applications will work on a Mac? I strongly dislike that. God damn school.

Thanks borat_sasdiyev,
Richard

Alot of common programs are compiled to run under macs, and Mac's can in general run alot of software. For just about everything you do on a PC, theirs a great alternative that runs on a mac.

Back
Top Bottom