Windows Longhorn

UK31337

Fully Optimized
I can't remember where I found them, but I've seen videos of Longhorn in action. Somebody had smuggled a camcorder into a press event or something. If I find them again, I'll post the link.

Anyway, it looks pretty damn good. Are there any clues to what its actual, final release name will be?

Yeah man, post the links. I would like to see that video. As for the name I am not sure.

My boss is an MSDN subscriber and he installed a Longhorn Beta on one of the computers at my work last week. It's pretty sweet, no games we tried have ran on it though. We tried installing the first CS on it but had no luck. I would try to install newer games on it but he put windows back on it. I work at an internet cafe if you are a little confused.

I've GOT LONGHORN!! MS released a 180 day evaluation version, where you give them a survey afterwards.. do u guys know if XP will get uninstalled if i install it (i have the CD, but too scared to install right now)

Just get a another hhd & test it out on there, that's what i did...they are not that expensive either.

you'll want to make another partiton to install it on. You can not yet do an upgrade install. If you try it will destroy your system.
On a side note, the new installer has a much nicer feel to it even though you lose the ability to see what is happening at any given point in the install.

anyway, imho the beta really isn't worth it yet. It's a pain to install any drivers, the system has a huge RAM leak, hardly any progs work(even in compatibility mode) and it just does not recognize hardware.

well, that's my $.02

oh, btw if you want to resize your partition but don't want to waste money on partition magic, just download almost any linux distro, boot it up for an install, resize your partiton with the included utility and create a new one and then exit the installer. Works like a charm.

i reckon that longhorn will be good but i dont want to get it for a few months, the first version is always crap, i got XP a few days after it came out and i had to get loads of new drivers etc. really pissed me off

Back
Top Bottom