Windows did it

It is an update bug in Win7. I have only hit it in new installs or one that hadn't been updated for a very long time.

You are right! And Microsoft won't or can't help. There only solution is to format and reinstall windows. I tried the programs you suggested and no help there too. I can't update and i can't put in windows 10 without updated windows 7. I'm screwed both ways.:confused: I guess i will try and reinstall it again.

Service pack 1 is in. When i did a total software upgrade, it seemed to be ok,but it did find a coruped file. Net.framework 4.5. I downloaded it and redid the .net package. Right after that,it has started downloading new updates. For how long i don't know. Im on my tablet with this. I don't want to bug that computer till maybe tomorrow. Will let you know then if it is working, Dan

will do, Thanks i don't remember ever having this much of a issue with downloads until they came up with this stopping the windows updates. Think this is what is happening. Dan

Use tools that TrotterTech mentioned, it will help you to resolve issues with Windows Update.

OK, Solutions worked!! Thanks folks!!!! :flowers:I now have a good copy of windows 7 64 bit!!! It is updating and installing the updates too. There are a few that failed but it should automatically try them again. I kinda thought 200 updates at one time would do that. Already have over 300 installed so far.I am thinking about leaving it right here and wait till i get a new motherboard and processor. My Wife said she can help make it work somehow. :flowers:So i will be looking for a new board and processor and ram to go with it.:whistling:

OK, Solutions worked!! Thanks folks!!!! :flowers:I now have a good copy of windows 7 64 bit!!! It is updating and installing the updates too. There are a few that failed but it should automatically try them again. I kinda thought 200 updates at one time would do that. Already have over 300 installed so far.I am thinking about leaving it right here and wait till i get a new motherboard and processor. My Wife said she can help make it work somehow. :flowers:So i will be looking for a new board and processor and ram to go with it.:whistling:

If there is a Micro Center in your area you ought to check them out. They give a decent discount on the mobo if you buy the CPU, plus their prices are usually darn good. You can order through their website but the best deals are usually in store only.

I was on eBay earlier today looking. Saw a couple and will keep a eye on them. One i liked had a A10 quad core and 4 gigs of ram on a Asus motherboard. It was pulled from a working computer. the bid was at 32 bucks last i looked. there are a couple of others but that is the one i liked the best. Anyway, i think this one is pretty stable for now. Printer software works and the virus software all say things are running good. It is way faster than the other drive was. If i get that other board i am getting a new ssd and make this my backup. This one is fast,..I can't wait to see what a ssd does!!

Back
Top Bottom