Windows administrator

Neal_Pattenden

Beta member
My wife has a problem with an iPhone syncing with her laptop, BUT we've found another problem before we can try to fix that!

Her laptop runs Windows 7, and she uses Outlook 2007 for all her contacts, emails etc.
Whilst trying to change some settings in Tools - Trust Centre - Addins she is told that she cannot change anything, speak to the administrator!

At the Windows login screen she is shown as the administrator!

She isn't asked for a password, just speak to the administrator!

HELP PLEASE!

Try making an admin account and see if it's any different. You'll be able to use the same programs without reinstalling, just go to the folder they're in.

My wife has a problem with an iPhone syncing with her laptop, BUT we've found another problem before we can try to fix that!

Her laptop runs Windows 7, and she uses Outlook 2007 for all her contacts, emails etc.
Whilst trying to change some settings in Tools - Trust Centre - Addins she is told that she cannot change anything, speak to the administrator!

At the Windows login screen she is shown as the administrator!

She isn't asked for a password, just speak to the administrator!

HELP PLEASE!

When Outlook says to speak to the administrator, they are probably referring to the administrator for the Email server (Exchange, maybe?), not the administrator of the laptop. Is this laptop ever connected to a domain, perhaps at her work? What does Outlook have listed for the Incoming and Outgoing Mail Servers?

Sorry, been away for a while.
My wife runs her own business from our dining room, the laptop has never been connected to any network at all.
I'll check the Incoming/Outgoing servers and get back.

try right clicking on the outlook icon and then select run as administrator?

Back
Top Bottom