"Windows Activation Technologies" Pop-Up window asking for varification...???

oldave

Solid State Member
"Windows Activation Technologies" Pop-Up window asking for varification...???

I have a reasonably new (December 2010) HP Presario desktop computer that was purchased from "Staples"...
I recently downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and since then, I am now getting a pop-up window from Microsoft asking me for validation for my Windows 7 OS:
This is what the pop-up says: This computer is not running genuine Windows
To use Windows without interruptions this computer
needs to be running Genuine Windows
With Genuine Windows you have access
the ...Blah...Blah...Blah..
*I deleted Microsoft Security Essentials from my programs after getting these pop-ups, but they still pop-up...???.

*Arrow* click here to Resolve Online Now
I have clicked on it and I am still told that my Windows 7 is not Genuine...???
This "Pop-Up" comes on several times a day, and if I am using my Windows Flight Sim X, it shuts down the program immediatedly...
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can truly resolve this problem...???
Thanks in advance for any help or ideas...!!!
oldave...

Re: "Windows Activation Technologies" Pop-Up window asking for varification...???

is there a COE/OEM sticker on your case anywhere? they look like this

cod-sticker.jpg

Re: "Windows Activation Technologies" Pop-Up window asking for varification...???

Yes...I do have a similar Windows 7 Licence sticker on the side of the case...

go to the start menu, right click on my computer and select properties. Scroll down and see what it says, it will probably say 'Windows is Not activated' looking at your post.

There's usually an option for 'change product key' - select this and enter the key on your OEM sticker. This should activate and go through no problems. If no, you need to call microsoft.

I have gone to the Control Panel and System Security on my computer (Windows 7 Home Premium OS) and click "System", but can only find a screen saying:
Windows 7 Home Premium - Copyright 2009 Microsoft Corp. - All rights reserved - Service Pack 1
I can`t find any 20 digit Product Identification "PID" to enter on the Microsoft Customer Service website as they asked...???
Any other ideas as to where I can find these numbers...???
I have trouble hearing on the phone so it`s easier for me to use email, but if necessary I`ll have to give them a phone call...
Thanks guys for your quick replies and suggestions...
oldave...

I have that same screen you show, except the last section that you show as "Windows Activation"
Mine shows: Hewlet Packard Customer Support
Phone Numbers - Support Hours
Nothing showing "Windows Is Activated" or anything like that...
I`m a newbie to computers or I would have tried to take a screenshot for you...I have no idea as to how to do this, I have seen screen shots and it sure looks easier to show someone than try to explain...
*My next learning project*
It looks like I`ll have to contact HP about this problem...
Thanks for your input...
oldave...

Back
Top Bottom