Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Windows 8 Pre-release

I've been using Windows 8 a bit now on my laptop and I can't say I'm impressed either. However, it is a pre-beta release. Hopefully they will change things based on customer feedback. Though, as it stands, I would not be happy with Windows 8.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kofaz View Post
I had to get this image offline because my memory stick is broken. But this is there new interface. You can select it to a normal desktop which looks like windows 7 but this is your first screen. One thing i did not like was when you go to watch a video from the video app it does not go to full screen and there is no option to change it, there is also a horrible bright bar above and below the video witch i cannot find how to change. Of course you can go to the normal desktop and find windows media player but im too lazy lol . I would prefer if there video app just gave a full screen option. Overall i am not to keen on the whole application interface oh and i forgot to mention once you close a window it doesn't fully close it a bit like when your on an iPod/iPhone you have to close it from the bottom task bar or else it will always be running in the background.
Thank you for the screen shot kofaz, I think Windows 7 will be around for some time

Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Baseband Member

Well you know what is said about Windows and their releases. XP was great vista sucks 7 is awesome 8 sucks wait for the next version before trying to upgrade. They seem to have a trend going every other one sucks!
lawrencej285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #14
BSOD

Yall do realize that pre-release means beta they want your input for improvements before the real release. No wonder Windows OS sucks so bad the users don't even know the purpose of a beta release lol.
Prerelease or beta is going to be buggy, freeze, and suck because they are still developing it send microsoft your input and they might finally put out a decent OS
HP_on_Linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #15
Baseband Member

Just keep in mind Windows 8 is designed for a tablet
Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
Baseband Member

At least that was their beginning idea
Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
BSOD

Accually win 8 inital production was started before tablets become so popular. It initally was for a touchscreen phone and then moved to tablet after android released tablets and popularity boomed, now they trying to move the platform to computer before releasing it. It takes years to smooth out a OS their probably already working on windows 10 lol
HP_on_Linux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

I cant say much about the OS because I have not tried it but the UI looks a bit naff !
Core i7 3770K, Gigabyte GA-Z77P-D3, Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, Corsair Series CX750w, Intel 320 Series SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB, Pioneer BDR-207DBK 12x Blu Ray/DVD, Black Night Case, Saitek & Razer, Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64, ZA Antivirus + Firewall
*= WildCat =* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
Beta Member

I would probably stick to Windows 7. You can't even play DVDs on it because you need to buy the media pack, so i'm sticking to Windows 7.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by *= WildCat =* View Post
Thank you for the screen shot kofaz, I think Windows 7 will be around for some time
Windows XP's brother.
Fatherboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherboard View Post
---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Windows XP's brother.
Indeed, it must be

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
letdown, operating system, windows8