Originally Posted by Paws
Does anyone know where java is on windows 8?
According to the latest Java 7 update,windows officially declared and continues its support with windows 8 and other operating systems.But it will supports only in desktop screen.There won't be any custom software
available for Java to run in start screen.Java icon is available in the control panel of windows 8.Please follow these steps to install Java in your system and it help you run JRE in your system.More details are available in the website of Java regarding the troubleshoot of windows 8 with java.
1. goto java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
2. Download and Install Windows Offline (32-bit)
3. Download and Install Windows Offline (64-bit)
4. After installing Java, restart your browser
5. goto java.com/en/download/installed.jsp to Verify Java Version has been installed correctly