Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Windows 8

Hiddy Ho good neighbors!
I'm learning this new windows 8, and am running Chrome and IE 10. I had Firefox installed but could not figure how to navigate it, to go back to the former page, or even open a new page. I have all my favorites on IE and cannot figure how to clean up the forwards on Chrome to send mail on... Oh I'm a mess here.. probably confused you now. Anyway, my question is if Windows 8 will use IE 10 or will I have to use Firefox sooner or later. I keep getting a suggestion to update to Firefox because 8 doesn't support IE. What do you think?

Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Windows 8

Windows will always use IE. IE is Micorosoft's browser. Most people will recommended that you use Chrome or Firefox because most people consider them to be better browsers, but Windows will always support IE.

Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Golden Master
Send a message via Skype™ to BK_123

Well I like Windows 8, I haven't used it for a while though. It has some nice features, One of favourites is the detailed task manager which will show much ram is being used and internet connection speeds. I don't like that when downloaded Skype it was an app and not a program I could easily switch from.

I always recommend to people use something other than IE like Chrome or Firefox. I gave my Nan a laptop that she needed and she uses mostly uses Firefox and doesn't have many problems with it that I know of.
See all my PC spec's here https://bit.ly/1lWAJhz
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
Baseband Member

Thank you. I guess I will stick with Chrome and IE for now till I can get around to learning how to use Firefox. Like I said, I had it and couldn't get around easy. I know, I know, it's me!
Paws is offline   Reply With Quote

chrome, ie 10, windows 8