Is Windows 8.1 still available?

I use Avant browser. Since I wrote the question and other have had this same problem.

Here is what I saw. Plus some comments.

1. Open Internet Explorer 11 and then go to any website with flash content; such as YouTube. Press Windows Key + X keys or click the gear icon at the top right corner of browser window. Click Compatibility View settings then.

2. In the Compatibility View Settings window, add the sites you're having issues with showing flash content. Before clicking Close, make sure you have checked the options at bottom; Display intranet sites in Compatibility View and Use Microsoft compatibility lists.

You can get rid of this issue by re-registering the flash.ocxfile in System32 folder. This file if not registered, may input to arise issues with flash. Well, open an administrative Command Prompt, enter following command and hit Enter key:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\flash.ocx

As a result ofabove command, it will re-register the flash.ocxfile, and you will see this confirmation box. Click OK.

Update by Admin: ActiveX Filtering can also prevent its working. You will get its setting on IE > Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering. Uncheck ActiveX Filtering and see if it helps. Please also read the comments below for additional suggestions.

Ensure that you have not disabled the add-on.

ActiveX Filtering can also prevent its working. You will get its setting on IE > Tools > Safety > ActiveX Filtering.
I turned off ActiveX Filtering and Flash worked. Thanks!!
IE11"

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Last edited:
I do not want to change anything until the updates are all installed. Thirty more to install.

I remember when I needed help finding drivers for another computer that I have.

The next thing that I am interested in doing is having my Windows 8 computer include the installation of Windows XP. I think there is a way using Windows 8 but I am not sure.

I would recommend installing it using virtual box, simply because of the lack of support for XP, and because you may have a hard time finding drivers for it.

I looked up virtual box seems complicated. On my desktop computer and I have no idea how this was done but I have 2 versions of Windows XP.

Back
Top Bottom