Windows 8.1

The Windows 8.1 update reinstates the Start button on the desktop..... that should stop all the sooks that dont like it because there isnt a start button

The Windows 8.1 update reinstates the Start button on the desktop..... that should stop all the sooks that dont like it because there isnt a start button
The Start button is there but all it does is take you to the Start screen which many people dislike. No menu system for the Start button.

The main feature I'm looking forward to in 8.1 is the ability to boot directly to the desktop.

The Start button is there but all it does is take you to the Start screen which many people dislike. No menu system for the Start button.

The main feature I'm looking forward to in 8.1 is the ability to boot directly to the desktop.

That should be good. For the members here who use Windows 8, What are you overall thoughts and improvements that could be made..

you can right click on the new start button in win8.1 and get some shutcuts.
so it's not just a button to the stupid metro UI

startbuttonwin81.jpg

Do you honestly think that right-click context menu is what people have in mind when they whine about the missing Start button? Win 8 already has most of those options in it's right-click context menu anyway:

r-click.png

The major addition here is that Shutdown shows up on this menu now.

There's some great new features in Win 8.1 but those that are waiting for it because they hear that the Start button has been restored will be in for a rude awakening.

I think if people are really that upset about the start button not being there then they need to get out of the house a bit more. It's really not that hard to pin all you programs to the start screen for easy access to them. Are people that lazy that an extra mouse click gets you that riled up?

I think it's more about change than laziness. If you were a Windows 95 user who suffered an unfortunate accident that left you in a coma for 15 years, you would have minimal issues navigating the UI of Windows 7 when you came out.

The new interface forces users to re-learn how to use their computers. The interface is great if you're using a touch device, however if you're bound to a keyboard and mouse, it leaves a lot to be desired.

Back
Top Bottom