Windows 7 Wont Boot

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
windows 7 fresh install 2 weeks ago and now after the bios get a black screen and windows 7 does not start (not even get the windows 7 loading logo).

Now when i press the power button the machine shuts off straight away which indicates to me that its perhaps not even getting to the point of loading the software.

There is no blinking cursor just plain black.

I have removed non essential hardware. The bios sees the hard drive and the hard drive itself don't sound bad but i have not yet tested it.

2 x 2gb , just put seatools hard drive tester in and it failed the short test, just runnunning long test now.

Think its the hard drive as before i put windows 7 on it xp was corrupted (thats the reason for the clean install)

Forgot to mention i have removed and alternated the RAM so i dont think its ram

Also when loading the windows 7 disk it took about 10 minutes to even get to the select language screen (hard drive just flickered)

ok we have 48 errors at 69% so im guessing the HDD is causing all this software trouble i have been having with this machine.

Still under warranty so i shall find out where my local factory is and send it in.

Back
Top Bottom