windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

chrisf-1

Baseband Member
Hi everyone I hope someone can be of help here about 6 months ago I bought a windows 7 ultimate from ebay new sealed and everything appeared as it should I installed it and everything was hunkydory updates etc all OK, anyway last week I decided to have a clean up as there was so much junk etc on my HDD I decided to format and start again, then the trouble began, first off the computer is telling me the windows is not genuine and will not activate, no updates, pop ups telling me I am using counterfeit software things like spellcheck will not work and generally very annoying problems everywhere, can this be counterfeit as it worked properly for a good 5-6 moths also I have tried to reload it agin and it will not let me I have tried to format the HDD again but it will not let me telling me I will delete the operating system which is what I want to do anyway any advice gratefuly received Thanks Chris

call microsoft. There is a phone number on that screen that comes up. Call that number. It's automated. They will reset it for you. I've had this happen to me and out of desperation, called the number and was shocked. It took like 60 seconds.

I believe this happens if you acitvate your windows more than a certain amount of times, If you call them they will reset this count

Yeah I did it, never spoke to a human being through the whole process not sure if this is a good or a bad thing and now I know it is genuine thanks everyone Chris

Back
Top Bottom