Windows 7 SP1

TP-Oreilly

In Runtime
Hi, I have windows 7 Pro 64 bit and SP1 wont install.

I have tried installing it from windows update as well as downloading it from the microsoft website and installing it that way. I have also scanned my pc for any viruses and I have none. I have also installed the "readiness tool" which it recommends me to do. Any idea on how I can get it to install?

Errors found:

Code 8024200D

If i click on get help it says this:

If you receive Windows Update error 8024200d, it can mean that an update did not finish downloading or installing. The System Update Readiness Tool for Windows can correct some conditions that cause this error. To use the tool, follow these steps:

Go to the Knowledge Base article webpage. In the Information for advanced users section, find the Windows edition and system type of your computer, and then click the link to download the System Update Readiness Tool. To find your edition of Windows, see View your computer information.

Run Windows Update again.

I have done this but no luck.

The readiness tool isnt like that, it doesnt scan your pc, all you do is install the hotfix (the tool) and then re-try to install the update again. And it didnt help.

Try updating your drivers and see if that helps. I've found that ever since Vista, the service packs have been picky about the systems they are installed on.

Back
Top Bottom