Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Beta Member
Default Windows 7 Restore Problem

I recently completely wiped and restored my Dell XPS 15 L502x laptop using the disk given with the latop. Windows installed ok, however when i went to get on to update all my drivers and such, it wouldn't connect to the internet. I went to the drivers and all of these drivers wern't found "Standard VGA Graphics" "Unknown Device" "Ethernet Controller" "Network Controller" "SM Bus Controller" and "PCI Simple Communications Controller". I am trying to find the drivers on my other computer so i can put them on a USB and install them on my laptop, but i am not sure which ones are for my laptop. I ran EVEREST to get all my computer information. I'll attach it. Please help me out, thank you.

Generaljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
In Runtime

It's a long shot but maybe try reinstalling again. Something may have gone wrong the first time. If that doesn't work then the only other thing that I can suggest at this time is a third party driver software. Free or free trial will do just make sure it provides you with the info you need to get said drivers.

Mother Board: GA-880GM-UD2H CPU: AMD PhenomII X4 965 3.4GHz(Stock) RAM: 16GB GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mossiac is offline   Reply With Quote

internet, reset, restore, windows