Windows 7: Problems and Pluses

Bf2 seems to like only be in the middle of the screen.. It won't go on the screen, but that's only it.

They are going to give me a new CD Key to install because mine wasn't working. I used Teny's trick and now I got it to work. So I have a second copy coming for me.

I have a volume key for enterprise and two pro keys (thank you MSDN and my job). Had both since the end of August. Installed and no issues whatsoever.

So i had a question about Windows7 and though i might post it here.

Whats the difference between the home, pro and ultimate editions?

i guess that could include vista as well.

Had another weird issue. I was using Zoombrowser EX to convert RAW images to .TIFF images and transparent windows turned off. After that was done it automatically turned on about 15 seconds later. It's never done that whenever I did it before.

You can remove the gadgets and you can edit so the taskbar programs actually look long rectangle instead of a square with no labels.

W7ClassicTheme.png

The "All Programs" menu opens like Vista.

W7ClassicTheme2.png

edit: I'm loving this OS! My favorite features, by far, are the "shake and clean" which let's you see the desktop, the short cut on the bottom right of the task bar that also lets you see the desktop, and the side-by-side windows that is enabled by dragging on screen to the left and the other to the right. Very very useful. The libraries are pretty useful too. The only thing that's annoying me right now is that I can't get the RivaTuner taskbar icon to stay there.

Have to say I don't think all these versions are necessary - I do miss the days when we just had home and professional...

I think Microsoft should keep 3 versions: Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. I don't see the reason for Starter and Enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom