Windows 7 not installing onto hardrive

Rainzy

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I have an m5a97 Motherboard, and when i boot up the computer hoping to install windows 7 onto the computer, it won't let me select my hardrive giving errors such as
"windows could not format a partition on disk 0. the error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation. error code: 0x80070057"

Does anyone have any suggestions?

At the last step when i go to format, it says "Failed to format the selected partition. [error: 0x80070057].

Try installing on another hard drive if you have one spare..

I don't, i was using this exact hard drive just earlier today on my computer, i upgraded the cpu, gpu, psu and motherboard so had to install windows 7 again, and this is the messages that it's giving me.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Could i install windows 7 onto an External hard drive untill i bought another hard drive?

Windows is not wanting to install to my hard drive because it is not in GPT format, How do i do this without an OS?

Try setting your sata interface to SATA/native mode instead of Legacy IDE mode, then use the Windows 7 setup to format the drive properly. Might not fix the issue but check your BIOS setup for your motherboard first

Back
Top Bottom