windows 7 keeps freezing

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
recently when i play games or give stress to the video card, the whole computer freezes and which ever sound is playing in the background will also freeze and continuously play(im not quite sure how to explain this). the keyboard also freezes( caps lock or number lock wont work). any suggestions on how to fix this?

:( This is the same thing I ran into with my Radeon HD 4850 when it started to overheat. Get GPU-Z and play something in windowed mode. Watch the temps on the Sensors tab

sounds like you need to update your drivers and bios.. Whoever manufactured the computer will have the most up to date bios and drivers for your computer. If your video card is part of the mother board then just use the drivers from your pc manufacturer.

If you are using a video card you need to find out if the card chip is ATI or Nvidia then go to their site and download the latest drivers for your video card. I don't recommend shaking your pc hard drives are pretty fragile and doing that could damage them.

i tried reinstalling latest drivers for my card and still happens. i did however completely dust out the heatsink with compressed air. my card is a nvdia geforce 9800gt. the computer is custom built so i have all drivers up to date.. but after cleaning out the heatsink, temps went down and it managed to not freeze a lot more then before.. but still happens rarely.

Download:
RivaTuner v2.24c download from Guru3D.com

Extract it and run it..

Open it :

80725791.jpg

22292148.jpg

I know it's loud but that's the best I can do..

Don't forget try new thermal on the gpu , i'd take the heatsink off and stick some in, I do this every 6months or so

Update the sound drivers to the latest date as well. I've had TONS of issues with my old P4, and it was a b!tch to figure out, and that was one of the issues.

Make sure there's good airflow in the case to avoid overheating as well.

Back
Top Bottom