Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Windows 7 Issue.. Account converted???? SCREWED UP!

Okay.. So I'm happily using my computer.. I was making a visual style, my computer was patched with the uxtheme patcher, other than that, it was a clean install.. i just did a complete virus scan a few days eariler, i WAS downloading a torrent, i scanned it with 3 scanners before i opened up the file... clean.. so i open it all up, try to install, my computer said "other install running, complete this one before you continue" but nothing else was installing, this also happened to me one other time, so i log out, and log back in... and EVERYTHING WAS TOTALLY SCREWED UP!... I have the same account name and password, but it's like someone made a new account, but with the same username and password... my docs, pictures, music, everything is empty, but when i go to the C drive and click users, i see the "dustin" folder with a lock on it (i'm dustin) and i can go into it and see all of my stuff before my computer was altered to these weird settings...

i have no clue what caused this... except maybe a sneaky virus... i didn't even restart my computer before this happened, just log off and back on and everything went to hell... please respond quickly... i really want my old account settings back..

I just happened to open up the command prompt, and i see that instead of the usual "c:\users\dustin\documents and settings\" thing.. i see this "c:\users\temp"

so did my account somehow get locked or something?? i'm soooo confused

peteyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: Windows 7 Issue.. Account converted???? SCREWED UP!

Click Start, right click on Computer and select Manage. On the left panel, expand System (I think, I'm at work on XP) and then expand Users and Groups and click Users. Your account should be listed here. If you double click it, does it have a checkbox under "Account is disabled?"
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote