Windows 7 Drivers???

w333zy1

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, quick question.

I am thinking about getting Windows 7,

My laptop originally came with VISTA and i hated it, so i switched to XP professional, i needed to get some drivers but it wasn't a problem because i had the wifi working from the start so i just googled for some drivers.

My question is, going from XP to 7 will i need to get some drivers ready BEFORE i do a complete restore + installation, or should it come with the necessary drivers like it did for XP.

Any help.ideas would be great.

Thanks alot

So far, Windows 7 has been really good about including a wide range of driver support. As far as I know, most Vista drivers should work with Windows 7. I have installed 7 on several hardware configurations, including a couple home-builds and a netbook and have yet to run into a problem with drivers. I'm sure some older systems might have problems with 7, but if your system was designed for Vista, 7 should run beautifully on it.

So far, Windows 7 has been really good about including a wide range of driver support. As far as I know, most Vista drivers should work with Windows 7. I have installed 7 on several hardware configurations, including a couple home-builds and a netbook and have yet to run into a problem with drivers. I'm sure some older systems might have problems with 7, but if your system was designed for Vista, 7 should run beautifully on it.

What he said. The Vista and Windows 7 drivers are compatible, unlike the xp and vista drivers.

Back
Top Bottom