Windows 7 - Can't change file attributes

dmarciano

Baseband Member
I'm trying to change file attributes on several files on a Window 7 x64 computer. I've tried doing it from girl's account (which is an administrator account) and the built in administrator account.

The current owner is Administrators (jessica-PC\Administrators). The change owner box is greyed out on her account and available on the built in admin account but it denies me on that account. When I try to change the permissions for an account it says:

"Uable to save permission changes on j2jsetting.bin. Access is denied." This is from Window security.

I get the same error message when I try and change the permissions for things such as modify, read, write, etc. I've tried it from her account and the admin accoutn for all the group/user names, which are:

Authenticated Users
Administrators (jessica-PC\Administrators)
Guests (jessica-PC\Guests)
ANONYMOUS LOGON

Guests accounts are disabled. And this computer only has her account and the built in admin account. Any ideas how I can change the read/write permissions for a file on this system. It is driving me nuts. I've tried doing all the tutorials with trying to take ownership and none of them have worked. I've also lowered UAC to the minimum. Still no go. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dominick

Okay...I forgot to try one other thing that worked. I restarted in Safe Mode and was able to change the permissions that I need to change.

Back
Top Bottom