Windows 10 Internet Issues

Craig Prince

In Runtime
Okay, let me start explaining one of the oddest things I've encountered in a while. I've never had decent internet where I live, however it was always still usable. Until I updated to the newest build of Windows 10 - 9926. I first noticed it on games. I was playing some CS:GO, which I normally have great connection to the servers. (80-90 Ping) However once I updated to 9926, my ping instantly had gone up to about 600. No matter what time of day or server I was playing on.

So I decided to use speedtest to check for sure, sure enough, the results were much lower then they even used to be. The next thing I attempted was to restart my modem/router. Not any improvements from that at all. Even just using the web browser and watching videos had gotten much worse. So I decided to ask around the house to see if anyone else was having issues. Of course they weren't. -_-

I just am at a loss right now. I don't know what is causing it, whether it be build 9926 or something else entirely. Any and all help will be much appreciated. :)

WIFI CARD- TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (TL-WDN4800) - PCPartPicker

I'm getting the same speedtest.net readings in W10 as I am in W7 & W8. Maybe the new build isn't compatible with the drivers for your wifi card?

Any chance you could try it with an Ethernet cable instead of wifi?

UPDATE- Okay then. I rolled back Windows 10 from the 9926 build, to the 9879 build- and BOOM. Back to normal. I guess that means whether it's just because that build of Windows 10 was really flawed, or it had incompatibilities with my network card. Either way, I'm just glad it's fixed. :)

I had some font problems or maybe a problem with graphics drivers in the version before 9879 that I outlined in my Win 10 thread. That problem disapeared when I got version 9879. I suppose that the reason that Microsoft has put Win 10 to users is to throw up these problems and we report them to Microsoft to sort them out before the final build goes on to the market. I haven't had the new build yet so I cannot say whether it will affect my ping or not.

I was able to reproduce your problem in a VM, but I have no idea why Windows is doing that. Lets just hope that it gets fixed before the final release.

Back
Top Bottom