Windows 10 free?

I agree certainly with VLC, lightweight and pretty good at what it does!

I'm not aware of any process in place to get a free .iso image, I've got no idea how the Windows 10 download will come through, or whether you'll get an option to burn it to DVD too... I feel the same about it, I'd sooner use external media to install it, but I don't personally think Microsoft will give us that option!

EDIT: If this article is anything to go on, then yes, we will be able to clean install from a .iso! Yes, you’ll be able to do clean installs of the free Windows 10 upgrade | Ars Technica

It has to be an ISO of win 10 RTM, for the simple fact that if for (example) your HDD goes bad,how do you suppose to install Win 10 on your machine on a new HDD,it doesn't make sense otherwise,

Last edited:
When am I supposed to get my Windows 10? My computer says it is available as an update, and I reserved it when I got the notification. I have been online for most of the last two days, but no update.

Ukrberserker23, if you go through the prompts on that window you 'reserve' your free copy of windows 10. Once it's released it will automatically download and will prompt you to install / upgrade.

MS has said that once you reserve your copy of Win 10, sometime before 7-29 it will be downloaded to your system so that you will be able to do the upgrade on the 29th.

That may be but can you imagine what would happen if MS waited until the 29th to download it? Millions of computers all over the world simultaneously trying to download a 3GB update would be very taxing.

The MS Servers would be melting down for sure. Its now been reveal by Microsoft that not everyone will get Windows 10 on the 29th, It will be rolled out in stages..

Windows 10 is to be released on 29th July. You will probably notice a small icon in your task bar regarding to this, but if you've reserved it, it should be ready by then or 24-48 hours after the release.

Quick recommendation: Don't try to download it the minute it gets released, you'll only be held up because of millions of people getting it at the same time.

Windows 10 is to be released on 29th July. You will probably notice a small icon in your task bar regarding to this, but if you've reserved it, it should be ready by then or 24-48 hours after the release.

Quick recommendation: Don't try to download it the minute it gets released, you'll only be held up because of millions of people getting it at the same time.

Not entirely correct.

Starting on July 29, we will start rolling out Windows 10 to our Windows Insiders. From there, we will start notifying reserved systems in waves, slowly scaling up after July 29th.

Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices | Blogging Windows

Back
Top Bottom