Windows 10

Here you go, I posted it for you..

EDIT: Sorry it's so small, but the image tags your picture provided gave us this picture. I tried to help.

Thats okay it was only to show the fonts problem I am having with this build. Thanks for helping.

Okay had an update to Windows 10 tonight. I'm still on build 9860 but whatever the update was (KB3010668 I think) it has sorted my font problems out.

Okay had an update to Windows 10 tonight. I'm still on build 9860 but whatever the update was (KB3010668 I think) it has sorted my font problems out.

You have to go to PC settings -> update and recovery.
Search for a new build. As default the build update is set to "slow". This waits until other fixes have been applied before updating automatically. When set to "fast", think of it as a "beta of a beta" update.
I am on the new build. Finally i can remove that stupid search icon to the left of the task bar. And the close/open/minimize/maximize animations are actually functional now. So that's great. Haven't noticed anything else so far.
(i know there are are also some OneDrive sync features and 3 finger gestures added. But i don't care much about that)

How is windows 10 may I ask ?

Well... how can i put it. It's a modded windows 8. It's rumored that windows 10 will be offered free to Win8 users. If it isn't i'll be HIGHLY disappointed in Microsoft if they don't do some serious changes until release. To me so far it kinda looks like a Windows 8.2

Last edited:
LOL as you can see Echo and myself are not that impressed with it so far. As Echo says it's more Windows 8.2. I had a serious glitch in my build as well (9860) which destroyed any text so making my computer unusable. I am not relying Windows 10 to "use" my computer it is on a separate hard drive which is only used to test Win10.

Not sure that we will get a freebie Win 10 when it comes out BikerEcho. When I tested Windows 8 a couple of years ago they offered me the full version cheap. Mind at £25 it was a lot cheaper than buying the retail version. I'll try the update thingy as well but I think I have tried that but maybe I didn't do it right so I will give another whirl.

Nope nothing there as per a Windows 10 update for me. I told it to search for updates and it came back and said that no new updates were available, or words to that effect. I dare say I will get it when Mr Microsoft deems that I am ready to receive it LOL.

Nope nothing there as per a Windows 10 update for me. I told it to search for updates and it came back and said that no new updates were available, or words to that effect. I dare say I will get it when Mr Microsoft deems that I am ready to receive it LOL.

That's odd. I just updated today.
No less than 10 hours ago. Maybe the temporarily revoked it.

Well... how can i put it. It's a modded windows 8. It's rumored that windows 10 will be offered free to Win8 users. If it isn't i'll be HIGHLY disappointed in Microsoft if they don't do some serious changes until release. To me so far it kinda looks like a Windows 8.2

I was just reading and its rumored that if Microsoft does offer free upgrades it will be to users who have full retail versions and not OEM versions Leaker claims only some Windows 8.1 users will get free Windows 9 upgrades | Computerworld. If Microsoft want their users to use their latest OS then they need to level the playing field like their competitors have already done so. Apple used to charge users for major OS X upgrades but now offer them for free and there is hundreds of open source OS's available for free so they have a lot of competition on their hands.

I was just reading and its rumored that if Microsoft does offer free upgrades it will be to users who have full retail versions and not OEM versions Leaker claims only some Windows 8.1 users will get free Windows 9 upgrades | Computerworld. If Microsoft want their users to use their latest OS then they need to level the playing field like their competitors have already done so. Apple used to charge users for major OS X upgrades but now offer them for free and there is hundreds of open source OS's available for free so they have a lot of competition on their hands.

Yep I have just started using Linux (Linux Mint 17) for a lot of my computing needs. On the computer that I put it on. an emachines netbook, it found all the drivers for me except for the wireless card which I did have to faff about with to get on. Okay Linux still isn't as easy as Windows to install but it is getting there. So, as you say, Microsoft have got a huge mountain to climb before it catches up with some of the other OS providers.

Back
Top Bottom