Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Windows 10

Please keep in mind that it is still in testing. Your font issue will be fixed with later updates.

Old 11-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
Please keep in mind that it is still in testing. Your font issue will be fixed with later updates.
You think? You obviously have more faith in this than me. I think I will just give up on it and wait till win 10 comes out for real. I cannot even post in the forum to tell them because I cannot read my screen fonts. It would seem that this is a common problem with this update but I'm wondering (not asking) how long I will have to wait before I reinsert the hard drive with Win 10 on it. At the moment it is unusable so there is no point in trying to use it.

pete.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
You think? You obviously have more faith in this than me. I think I will just give up on it and wait till win 10 comes out for real. I cannot even post in the forum to tell them because I cannot read my screen fonts. It would seem that this is a common problem with this update but I'm wondering (not asking) how long I will have to wait before I reinsert the hard drive with Win 10 on it. At the moment it is unusable so there is no point in trying to use it.
First, and this is no offense towards you, it should have been installed in a VM.
Second, they are still working out bugs. I have no doubt that they have caught this, and will fix it accordingly. There is no way that they will release an OS with that type of problem.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Can't wait to see if i have the same font problem when i come to work again Monday. My work PC are running win10 TP.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

WHY IS YOUR WORK PC RUNNING 10?
There is somthing wrong with anyone who chooses to use an OS that is still in development to do work on...
Old 11-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

well, it works fine for me. And i can get back to windows 8 in 30 minutes.
All my files are stored online, so no need for backup ether.
While the PC are installed win 8 i can use another computer if i have to.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

I a sorry if that came out as offencive. (The more I read it, the more offensive it looks...)
That was not my intention. If it works for you then great. It seems crazy to me for anyone to use a beta OS on any major work station, but if it works for you then I have no right to tell you otherwise.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

Don't worry, no offence taken
It's not a major work station though, it's just a mid end laptop
I have a docking station for it. Works great. I just place it in the dock, then the signal is transferred to a 22 inch screen, cabled network, power source, headset, mouse and keyboard.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:25 AM   #19
Fully Optimized

Sounds like it works well.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

No font issues here. (running build 9860)