window 7 on a cd

tdm333

Solid State Member
hello i am trying to make a backup copy of my window 7 32 bit dvd i created the iso file already but i need to copy it back to a CD dose anyone know how i can burn the iso file to a cd instead of a DVD i know it take a few CD to do but im not worried about that

If you just want a backup, then split up the folders on the DVD so that they will fit on CDs. If you want to be able to install by using multiple CDs, then I think you would be better off trying to find windows 7 already on CDs.

However, now that I think about it, if you remember where you put the files, you might be able to split them onto different CDs like I said above, then pop in the CD with the boot sector and base installer on it, then when it can't find the file it wants to copy (assuming it doesn't crash) you can pop in the next cd and go.
I remember doing something like that with my copy of windows xp, though it did come on two CDs so the installer was probably designed to work that way.

Though that too would be a lot of work, and I have no idea if its even possible. Just a thought.

-Bucky24

Does it have to be CDs? You can save your ISO file wherever you have space and use a USB flash drive with it to do a reinstall if you need to. If you're interested I could give you directions on how to do this.

well i would do a flash drive but i only got 2gb ones that why i wanted it on cd

Back
Top Bottom