Win7 will not install?

Gamer_for_life

Baseband Member
Okay so I have just made my computer and windows will not install

Turning on without Win7 disc already in: Page opens giving me the ability to press Del to load bios, press f9 to load system info, press f12 for boot menu, press esc to load Q-flash. This lasts about 5 seconds then loads a black screen saying "Reboot ans select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" if I press a key this message just repeats itself. If I put in the Intel 7 series utility DVD then press a button it says "press a button to load xpress recovery2" I press a random button the I have a option to press reboot or backup if I press reboot it says "not found any ms windows OS or system partition type is GPT" then I press reboot again it opens the optical drive restarts then sends me to the original screen...
Please help

Mobo: Gigabyte Z77P-D3

Is this a retail copy of Windows? If you press F12, you should have the option to boot from the optical drive.

Okay so I have just made my computer and windows will not install

Turning on without Win7 disc already in: Page opens giving me the ability to press Del to load bios, press f9 to load system info, press f12 for boot menu, press esc to load Q-flash. This lasts about 5 seconds then loads a black screen saying "Reboot ans select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" if I press a key this message just repeats itself. If I put in the Intel 7 series utility DVD then press a button it says "press a button to load xpress recovery2" I press a random button the I have a option to press reboot or backup if I press reboot it says "not found any ms windows OS or system partition type is GPT" then I press reboot again it opens the optical drive restarts then sends me to the original screen...
Please help

Mobo: Gigabyte Z77P-D3

Enable all sata ports. Sounds like the one for the HD isn't. Also check the boot sequence. The hard drive should be next in line after the optical drive.

Make sure the drives are correctly connected (data on drive and motherboard, and power) and BIOS sees them. Then set the boot order to optical first, hard drive second. Or hit F12 and see if it will let you boot into the optical drive.

If you're having problems getting into that F12 menu, when you first turn on the system, start tapping the F12 key about once per second until you see a menu appear.

Yeah make sure your Optical drives are set first before the hard drive. Since you made your computer, the HDD will be in a RAW format and by going through the Windows installation you'll be able to partition your HDD.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom