win 64 install issue

talon555

Beta member
im currently trying to install win xp 64bit onto a 64 bit msi baord with a amd 64 3500, while installing windows random files cannot be installed, ive tried several times and each time its a different error, any suggestions on to what may be causing this?

its a brand new scratch free legit version, i beleive the problem ahs something to do with the mobo, processor, or mem since it did this while trying to install win xp pro also

Memory, DVD/CD ROM, IDE (or SATA), or disc. You said that the disc is brand new, with no scratches. I would try putting another DVD/CD ROM drive in, and see if that solves the issue. If it does, you know you have a bad DVD/CD ROM drive. If not, could be bad memory, or bad cable. Hope that helps.

yeah, i tried at least 3 cd drives and 2 dvd drives. none of them work. as for the cables, their brand new also. as for ide/sata, im running all ide drives. it just might be the memory. thanks for the tip pctechmike. ill see if replacing it helps.

if anybody knows something about compatibility issues with the new 64's, it'd probably be a good idea to let you know what im running.

AMD 64 3500+
1 gig(2x 512meg) kingston ddr 400 ram
MSI K8N Neo4 motherboard
ATI Radeon x700 pro vid card
Creative sound blaster audigy gamer sound card
80 gig maxtor hard drive (and a 250 gig if i ever get this problematic machine running)

Back
Top Bottom