Will you use Vista or XP?

ceannfeachd, well, I'll agree with that. As soon as I get to master Linux with college, I can safely make a switch to it permanently. I'm still into the labs with VPC using ReactOS. VPC makes it slow, but heh. Windows shaky, what else d'you expect?

lhuser said:
ceannfeachd, well, I'll agree with that. As soon as I get to master Linux with college, I can safely make a switch to it permanently. I'm still into the labs with VPC using ReactOS. VPC makes it slow, but heh. Windows shaky, what else d'you expect?

Ya could try running a few of the live CD distros on ya normal pc to get the hang of linux

I'm sticking with Windows XP Pro for now. I'll wait about two years before I buy Windows Vista Ultimate.

Raffaz said:
Ya could try running a few of the live CD distros on ya normal pc to get the hang of linux
I do have some Live CDs, but I can't really master it fully with a Live CD.

lhuser said:
I do have some Live CDs, but I can't really master it fully with a Live CD.
just install it on another partition on your computer or get another system that meets the specs and install it on that, thats what i did when i had a mac ages ago

I used vista on my mates laptop, it is awesome, im getting it when i get my laptop :)

my computer would'nt be able to handle it now i dont think

I'll stick with XP for now.

I don't have any need to upgrade to Vista, and the cheap versions are crippleware anyway. If my stupid laptop's sound card actually worked with Linux (it worked with one distro straight out the box, but it was a pretty cack distro TBH), then I'd switch to Linux full time I reckon.

I just don't see what you people do it for. Windows is the same as the previous version at twice the price, except for Vista which is loaded with stolen ideas from UNIX and some from MacOS (Bill Gates has 30% shares in Apple). XP was just 2000 with noob-proof features and a different interface, there was very very little in the way of underlying differences.

Leopard is just Tiger with a few features you'll never use (Time Machine basically needs a server to back stuff up onto, who at home has a mainframe? It just isn't practical). Spaces, what's the point? Hell, if they'd just fix the bug when the Dock packs up and stops animating at random, rather than putting in stupid flashy features that are ultimately useless.

I won't be buying Vista... I'll just ask Renegadeandy to "acquire" me a copy :D

UK31337 said:
I'll stick with XP for now.

I don't have any need to upgrade to Vista, and the cheap versions are crippleware anyway. If my stupid laptop's sound card actually worked with Linux (it worked with one distro straight out the box, but it was a pretty cack distro TBH), then I'd switch to Linux full time I reckon.

:D

Have ya tried the fedora core or ubuntu distos, they both worked first time on my laptop

Back
Top Bottom