Will you Upgrade to Vista?

kinda depends if I can get dx10 games working with linux. If I can then I'm not probably going to bother with vista, if I can't then as a gamer I'm pretty sure I'll have to upgrade.

i'll only upgrade from win 2000 to Vista when they release DX10. If it dont support Win 2000 / XP than I have to upgrade :(

I've had a try of it and it seems pretty weird, something new to get use to I guess :p I'll upgrade to it if I like it when my school gets it. If I have to pay for it, I'll stay with XP.

I am thinking DX10 will be the only reason im going to upgrade.

Also, &$*% microsoft's pricing, vista is too expensive. Hello pirated copy, or more likely cracked DX10 running on XP.

Higher prices = more piracy. I WILL not spend 300 bucks on an Operating System, when I can bet Ubuntu Linux for free.

I'm not spending all that money on vista. If the price goes down to something reasonable then I'll buy it. Otherwise I'll stick to XP and i'll possibly get a mac. Vista isn't worth the extra money to me because it requires a lot more resources and the only major thing I see is the new interface. I also don't like that most versions of vista don't support dual core processors except ultimate which is like 400 bucks. Maybe once SP1 comes out..... but it doesn't look like i'll be upgrading at this point.

I will wait until the price goes down and all of the new OS bugs are worked out (or, in microsoft's case, at least some of them). I don't really think it is wise to upgrade directly after the release of a particular product; I'd wait a while for reviews of the final version from some other people, bug fixes, lowering of the price (if it ever goes down), etc.

Back
Top Bottom