Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-01-2004, 01:37 PM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default Why is xp slower?

I have used anti spyware and adware, ive used disk defrag and disk cleanup. ive used avant browser to erase all my internet stuff, and yet my computer is still running too slow.

I have had my womputer working fine but for some reason it isnt working now. The only thing i can think of is that i had to format and reinstall windows xp, about 25-26 files missing(Faulty disk). Could this bee the problem, my computer is running twice as slow.

This is annoying as it takes my computer 1 minute of loading the desktop, the part thats form when it gets on to the desktop, and takes 1 minute to load(not sure if makes sense).

PLEASE HELP, this is really anoying. My computer had alot more rubbish in it before the format thn now so i thought that the format would have speeded it up(only by a tiny bit, probly un-noticable, << I CANT SPELL), but it didnt.

I am having to tell microsoft for a new version of windows xp(hopefully theyll be nice and give me server 2003 ).
__________________

shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #2
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Why is xp slower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockingu
I have used anti spyware and adware, ive used disk defrag and disk cleanup. ive used avant browser to erase all my internet stuff, and yet my computer is still running too slow.

I have had my womputer working fine but for some reason it isnt working now. The only thing i can think of is that i had to format and reinstall windows xp, about 25-26 files missing(Faulty disk). Could this bee the problem, my computer is running twice as slow.

This is annoying as it takes my computer 1 minute of loading the desktop, the part thats form when it gets on to the desktop, and takes 1 minute to load(not sure if makes sense).

PLEASE HELP, this is really anoying. My computer had alot more rubbish in it before the format thn now so i thought that the format would have speeded it up(only by a tiny bit, probly un-noticable, << I CANT SPELL), but it didnt.

I am having to tell microsoft for a new version of windows xp(hopefully theyll be nice and give me server 2003 ).
Haha, they won't! They won't even send you another version.

What are your specs?
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #3
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default Why

Why wont they give me a new version? THERE LOADED. and what do you mean by specs, do you mean GHz?
shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,111
Send a message via AIM to Slayer Send a message via MSN to Slayer Send a message via Yahoo to Slayer
Default Re: Why is xp slower?

Yeah, GHz power, RAM Memory ... that sorta stuff.
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:45 PM   #5
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default My Spec is..

1.5GHz, 40GB, 256MB RAM, IP Address is ???.???.?.? lol . any thing else ive forgoten?
and why do you need this.
shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #6
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default Chat

If i add you to my msn messenger list then we can chat there.
and sorry for the late reply, i had to wash dishes
shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #7
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Why

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockingu
Why wont they give me a new version? THERE LOADED. and what do you mean by specs, do you mean GHz?
They won't give you another version unless your version is not working, and you have a reciept - and that would be done through the shop you brought it at. They may be loaded; but they didn't get that way by allowing, no offense intended, people to freeload off them.

Yes - Processor, RAM, Age, Hard Drive, that sort of basic stuff. RAM and Processor most of all. Did you get this Windows with your Computer?
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 02:58 PM   #8
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default Well...

I dont have the recept but i do know the person in the shop. only problem is its 100 miles away, lol.
My disk is not completely screwed but it has alot of errors, and two are very important as it says the system image is not correct and that this is caused by a faulty disk or the disk is a copied disk, it is not copied though, i klnow that. i think they should as them two error mesages, and thay can check the cd if they like.
shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 03:12 PM   #9
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockingu
I dont have the recept but i do know the person in the shop. only problem is its 100 miles away, lol.
My disk is not completely screwed but it has alot of errors, and two are very important as it says the system image is not correct and that this is caused by a faulty disk or the disk is a copied disk, it is not copied though, i klnow that. i think they should as them two error mesages, and thay can check the cd if they like.
Ah - I was thinking it was copied. It should really be the problem of the person who sold it to you but if it is their CD and it came in their Box unopened when you brought it then its worth a try. Nothing wrong with your specs - and it seems there's a lot of problems with the install disk. It still sounds very much like the CD could be copied from this person you brought it from. How much did you pay for it?
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #10
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 27
Default Sorry for late reply

I paid 80 for it.
__________________

shockingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0