Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Smile why is it tell me this

when I try to move a item is asking me...

You need permission to perform this action
You require permission from Everyone to make changes to this file

And the account that I'm using is the administrator and there only one log in to the computer, why is it say that I need permission from everyone, this is on Windows 7 if it makes any different.

Well thanks in advance.
__________________

hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: why is it tell me this

I think if you right click on the folder and find permissons you should be able to change it.
__________________

BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:19 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Indigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 1,866
Default Re: why is it tell me this

Right click the folder, choose properties. Click Security tab. Click Edit. Click Add. Type Everyone and hit enter. Select Everyone in the list, then put a check in "Full Control - Allow" then click Apply/Close.

Hopefully it's not a file that requires such security in the first place, but that's an easy way to get that set up.
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: why is it tell me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
I think if you right click on the folder and find permissons you should be able to change it.
the folder or just the file, and look for permissions once I click the right button of the mouse and thank you for your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by og View Post
Right click the folder, choose properties. Click Security tab. Click Edit. Click Add. Type Everyone and hit enter. Select Everyone in the list, then put a check in "Full Control - Allow" then click Apply/Close.

Hopefully it's not a file that requires such security in the first place, but that's an easy way to get that set up.
well thank you very much hope it work but what file are you talking about of requires such security which one are does.
hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 AM   #5
Golden Master
 
BK_123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,532
Default Re: why is it tell me this

We mean the item that you are trying to move.
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #6
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: why is it tell me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK_123 View Post
We mean the item that you are trying to move.
Oh I just got confuse cause.... og told me how to do it and made it sound like that it might be another file with more security and the instruction that he gave me wasn't gonna work for that type of file. But thank you for clarifying that for me.
hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Smile Re: why is it tell me this

Ok there is not a security tab on the single file and try on the entire folder and it didn't have one ether but there is a sharing tab but when I press to share with Everyone and press done it still tell me that I cant share this folder. so is there a way to do it.

Thanks.
hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
Daemon Poster
 
Captain Pooka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,108
Default Re: why is it tell me this

The "Administrator" account comes disabled on Windows 7 and Vista by default. It's there, you just don't know it. That's why when setting up a new computer you can't name your account "Administrator".

I have no idea why you don't have permissions to move folders. Is it all folders and files or just one of them?

You can enable the admin account by running a command prompt as administrator (stupid concept, I know.)

net user administrator /active:yes

run that. If you can't get in cmd as admin you gotta do it in safe mode. Then go to users and groups and make yourself admin to everything.
Captain Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: why is it tell me this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pooka View Post
The "Administrator" account comes disabled on Windows 7 and Vista by default. It's there, you just don't know it. That's why when setting up a new computer you can't name your account "Administrator".

I have no idea why you don't have permissions to move folders. Is it all folders and files or just one of them?

You can enable the admin account by running a command prompt as administrator (stupid concept, I know.)

net user administrator /active:yes

run that. If you can't get in cmd as admin you gotta do it in safe mode. Then go to users and groups and make yourself admin to everything.
Yeah it's only on file that won't let me is a .dll

and also I don't know if you guys going to understand the next thing but when you guy go to computer on windows7 then you go to C: then to Users there is a folder with a little lock on it and a name in this case is my girlfriends how do I change the name.

I just did the cmd command and it say --- The command completed successfully ---
It still telling me that I need permission from everyone
What I also forgot to mention is when I try to move it the AVG Resident Shield Alert come up telling me --- Threat detected and I press Ignore but it still won't let me move it.
hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 35
Default Re: why is it tell me this

When I turn off the laptop and log back on it had another user option to log in and it was administrator but even though it won't more the file.
__________________

hobbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0