Why do people buy windows 8 if they're just going to tweak it to windows 7?

@Cele et al,
I'm not sure when this expires, but [most] Windows 8 laptops have the option to downgrade to 7 (need media) using the 8 key.

I wasn't aware of that. That's kinda cool to know but as I get used to 8 I'm starting to like it. Although I still find myself doing everything in desktop mode.

I love 8 TBH. Took a while to get used to but if you know your way around your new keyboard shortcuts... things can be much faster than 7. I stick to Desktop mode with the exception of Kindle and a few Metro games I've purchased.

On a side note, Metro is a completely useless interface on a desktop which is rumored to be fixed in the upcoming service pack... a revisited start button. That's (AFAIK) confirmed for Server 2012 R2, but we'll see what consumer Windows brings.

On a tablet though.... love the metro interface. Picked up a Lenovo Yoga (seriously freakin amazing laptop/tablet) and I've really grown to like the Metro for ~mobile device usage.

Just to elaborate, the path is from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 7 Pro (or eeek, Vista).

Back
Top Bottom