Whats a better computer?

What type of graphics editor are you? Based on stats I would choose the second. SONOX
It really is up to you, as nothing works as it was designed to until you are happy.

Have you ever built a system?

Never, Im switching over from a mac book pro.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

What type of graphics editor are you? Based on stats I would choose the second. SONOX
It really is up to you, as nothing works as it was designed to until you are happy.

I do pretty much everything. logos, banners, photo manipulation, enhancements.. etc..

I would suggest that if you are a video editor and a graphics designer that you stick to a Mac. Macs do that sort of stuff much better than an IBM type computer. There are non Mac computers out there that will video edit and graphic design but non macs tend to be jacks of all trades but master of none, ie if you want to game then buy an Xbox or a Nintendo or whatever but don't expect a pc to game as wel as a dedicated gaming console. Similarly don't expect a pc to do video editing or graphic design as well as a Mac and don't expect a Macintosh to do generic tasks as well as a pc.

Just my opinion but I think you will find that most video editors and graphic designers use a Macintosh of some sort.

I would suggest that if you are a video editor and a graphics designer that you stick to a Mac. Macs do that sort of stuff much better than an IBM type computer. There are non Mac computers out there that will video edit and graphic design but non macs tend to be jacks of all trades but master of none, ie if you want to game then buy an Xbox or a Nintendo or whatever but don't expect a pc to game as wel as a dedicated gaming console. Similarly don't expect a pc to do video editing or graphic design as well as a Mac and don't expect a Macintosh to do generic tasks as well as a pc.

Just my opinion but I think you will find that most video editors and graphic designers use a Macintosh of some sort.

Nonononononononononono NO!! What did I just read, Ahhh my eyes! It burrrnnnss!!! :eek:

Ok lol, but in seriousness, this is way off. And here is why.

Lets skip the negatives and say whats good on each system.

Macs: They do have very good screens, some of them are leading in the industry, and that is a very big reason many pro's use Mac.

Pc's: to pay the SAME price for specs on a Mac, you get considerably better parts in a PC. PC's in that price are simply better there are no ways of jumping around that. People jump on Macs because of screens and people don't have problems with them. Of course they aren't "bad", but it's the same as buying the newest iPhone for $750, which there is nothing wrong with the phone, but an android phone that costs $500 is considerably better!

It's just facts anyone can see, you compare specs on a Mac to building a PC and look at the price. If a Mac will cost $1500, you will build the same specs on a PC for literally $600-$700.

Another BIG reason people buy macs is because of the big brand name, MAC. Everyone loves to save " I have a mac! " for the sole reason it's expensive and less people can afford it. If the Op wants to save money, and in the END go for an OS that will work out better, and have a PC that kicks any macs ass, all while saving money, P is the choice. Now I know being used to Mac can be a painful switch to windows, but especially if he gets windows 7 on his computer it will be real simple and he will learn it really fast and be glad he made the change.

Nonononononononononono NO!! What did I just read, Ahhh my eyes! It burrrnnnss!!! :eek:

Ok lol, but in seriousness, this is way off. And here is why.

Lets skip the negatives and say whats good on each system.

Macs: They do have very good screens, some of them are leading in the industry, and that is a very big reason many pro's use Mac.

Pc's: to pay the SAME price for specs on a Mac, you get considerably better parts in a PC. PC's in that price are simply better there are no ways of jumping around that. People jump on Macs because of screens and people don't have problems with them. Of course they aren't "bad", but it's the same as buying the newest iPhone for $750, which there is nothing wrong with the phone, but an android phone that costs $500 is considerably better!

It's just facts anyone can see, you compare specs on a Mac to building a PC and look at the price. If a Mac will cost $1500, you will build the same specs on a PC for literally $600-$700.

Another BIG reason people buy macs is because of the big brand name, MAC. Everyone loves to save " I have a mac! " for the sole reason it's expensive and less people can afford it. If the Op wants to save money, and in the END go for an OS that will work out better, and have a PC that kicks any macs ass, all while saving money, P is the choice. Now I know being used to Mac can be a painful switch to windows, but especially if he gets windows 7 on his computer it will be real simple and he will learn it really fast and be glad he made the change.

What an utter pile of cobblers. You don't half come out with some garbage. Anyway as I said "it was my opinion" Windows always was and always will be a jack of all trades and master of none. I retiterate, if you want to play games get a console if you want to do graphics or video get a Mac if you want to do everything else with every one else get an IBM clone aka a standard Windows computer.

What an utter pile of cobblers. You don't half come out with some garbage. Anyway as I said "it was my opinion" Windows always was and always will be a jack of all trades and master of none. I retiterate, if you want to play games get a console if you want to do graphics or video get a Mac if you want to do everything else with every one else get an IBM clone aka a standard Windows computer.

LOL!!!!! Consoles don't even touch Pc's in gaming! XDDDD :lol:

I'm not a MAC guy but even I know Mac's are better for video and graphics editing. I love my PC but there's a tool for every job and a job for every tool. MAC is the tool for this job.

If you look at the standard pricing you seem to get a better spec PC for your money compared to a Mac, a lot of what you're paying for is the Apple brand.

If you've got a huge amount to spend and don't mind paying a hefty premium, then you'll get a product which does the job a little bit better. If you opt for the PC route then you'll get a machine that you pay less of a premium and aesthetically won't be as pleasing, nor will it be as simple to use. However, from a performance perspective, I'd have thought the PC would have had the advantage.

Adobe actually said themselves that there is no performance difference between their software running on a Mac or a PC, the programmers didn't type code that runs better on one operating system than another...

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Ad...dfs/adobe-hardware-performance-whitepaper.pdf

Being as Macs are now built on an Intel platform anyway... the only *real* difference between a Mac and a PC is the OS, and you can actually install OSX on your own-build PC anyway, some people had performance issues when they build their own, (BUT THIS IS A LIMITATION OF OSX, NOT THE HARDWARE) due to the fact the OS didn't strictly support the components they had selected... (drivers etc).

On top of this, a new Mac Pro is not upgradeable like the old model... meaning if you want to increase the performance you'll have to buy a totally new machine... Whereas with a PC you can choose to upgrade individual components, and on the next major upgrade you'd likely save money as you probably wouldn't need a new case, power supply, optical disk drive and fans.

So... if you're willing to pay more for aesthetics (when you can get some stunning PCs anyway), a brand, and an OS you could run on your own build anyway, then go for a Mac. If you're happy to pay less for a machine which has greater hardware choice, is cheaper, and will "do the job" just as quickly, then choose a PC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom