Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Linux/Unix (Including server)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
I have read on some threads that Windows Vista seems to be pretty unpopular with the online computer community.

The poll does not include Windows 8 at the moment, I wanted to keep it simple,
Just for me and others to get a idea on what Windows/MAC platforms people use

What do YOU dislike about Vista? I like it A LOT more then 7 but not a much as XP.

Last edited:
haha I almost looked at Windows eXPerience and was like WTF is that?? silly me!

What do I dislike about Vista, well ironically the general "experience" of it was quite bad, heres a few things that I didn't like.

File management - Copy files from 1 directory to another would be 5 x slower than doing it on XP

Driver compatibility issues - Sure maybe not directly MS fault but when you have devices not working properly it's irritating.

Memory usage - Vista in my opinion (and many other peoples) was a "fat" operating system. It used lot's of memory and CPU power. Maybe manufacturers fault but there were laptops and desktops being sold with Windows vista with 512Mb RAM. This WAS NOT enough!

Those were probably the top 3 things that irritated me, admittedly certainly the file management was largely resolved in SP1 but still not to the level of XP.

MS had years and years to work on MS Vista but it felt like they were comfortably sitting on their success of windows XP then one day the director walked in and thought I know we should do a new OS and gave all of the staff 6 months to get it finished.

Felt like they took windows XP added a couple of features, added some pretty looking graphics / themes and that was it. But this all just made it a fatter, poorly updated themed version of Windows XP.

But hey this was my experience with it and to be fair I NEVER had the greatest hardware to run it on, I had medium PCs but nothing special?

I have to vote for Win7. even though that i like Kubuntu more.
I can live without Kubuntu, but i can't live without Windows. (gaming, and my workplace use windows)

For the vista question: i have never really had any problems with it, but it's just that there are all those small things that doesn't look and work right.
It's just when i use it i feel like that things should have been better. This is my net talking about how it is way too heavy, because that is the number one issue in my opinion.

I also used Vista for a short time and didn't really like it, it was slow and I just didn't like some of its features..

Back
Top Bottom