What Browser Are You Using?

What Browser Are You Using?

• Total voters
Still trying to get used to it really at the moment, couple of things I've noted...

- Nowhere near as easy to get to the history as in Firefox, no "Recently Closed Tabs" section. This was useful in Firefox
- You can't filter your history by text in the address bar. For example, if I'd watched "See you again" in youtube, I can't search for it easily like in Firefox.
- Feels a bit slow opening new tabs as a link from a page (scroll click), and they open at the very end of the tab list, I'd prefer if they opened immediately after the tab I'm on.

But it's only a technical preview so should get better! :)

Whatever works best for the purpose ;)

Stay away from IE11. It's got some serious issues.

Say whhhhaaaaattt?

I would argue that IE11 was the BEST release of IE ranking with IE8. IE10... I had a Mircrosoft Engineer admit it was the worst ever during a technet ticket call, haha. Didn't think 11 was that bad tho.

I would also agree that IE11 is not a bad browser, I don't use it now smply due to the habit of normally using Mozilla Firefox, but from what I gather, it's much faster and more secure than it used to be, up to par with the other modern browsers!

Well I'm having to do some recode on my forum. Some of the functions have taken on a different and nasty appearance. Easy to fix just have to sit down and do it.

Well I'm having to do some recode on my forum. Some of the functions have taken on a different and nasty appearance. Easy to fix just have to sit down and do it.
I know the feeling. Sometimes when writing code, you must be in the mood to really get anything productive done, or your wasting your time.;)

Lol, never said it was perfect!!!

Yea IE(any version) is always wonky when it comes to web standards and code rendering. Hence why above I said I use whatever fits the job... Some things IE just sucks at. Re: the recode, I'm not sure what you're currently using for your site, but I'm guessing it's a prepackaged deal? (e.g. vb?) If not and it's custom, the new .NET RAZR pages seem to work well and consistently with just about anything. Whenever I have to do a project at work that requires a web GUI, I typically go that route because of the vast number of different platforms and browsers throughout the org.

Chromium... Well if security is first place, Tor Browser.

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Computer Forums mobile app

@iPwn
Yeah it's VB4. It's browser sensitive to a point. When I go to post pics to my albums, the window that pops up has taken on a BBcode frame outline appearance. It's only doing it on that one function. Hence the comment it's easy to fix.

Back
Top Bottom