what is the best linux to use.

MidwestComputer

In Runtime
hey guys
I am just wondering what is the best linux to use when i install it on my custom build computers for customers. because I want to have 2 different Operating Systems that the customer can request to have on their computers. what i mean by the 2 different OS is that the customer can choose from windows or linux for there OS. so if anybody can help me that would be really great. Thanks Tim

SUSE is the easiest to use, and yet powerful at the same time. Fedora Core is also good. Just make sure Windows is installed first or else it will write over the linux boot partition.

Suse is pretty good but its not free. At least the Professional edition isnt. I would say Fedora Core 3/4 woudl be your best bet. It's pretty cutting edge unlike Debian and has a good update system.

redhat is pretty good but i think its quite hard to use i havent used it myself i have only read about it but it seems good to me.
you know if you have a little knowledge of asm and you can program in c++ you could write your own and you would think tyhat was the best because you can have whatevwer you want and you have got only yourself to blame if you fuck up.

RedHat is seriously outdated. It's now Fedora Core. Anyway, so what if you write your own distro? What bout updating? It's not as easy as it sounds. it's best to stick to existing distros. Dont reinvent the wheel.

Red Hat is Idiot-Proof.. that's all I'll say. Fedora is nice for newbies.. but I prefer Gentoo or Slackware. Much much more powerful.

Gentoo is neat, but i have more expirence with Redhat 9 and the fedora core.. I like the fedora core seems to fun alot faster than redhat 9.

Back
Top Bottom