What Anti Virus should i choose

i've Avast! on my main rig and AVG Free on my noodling computer in the lounge.

ive yet to find a problem with either, however i had Kasperskey for a while (around a month, free trial) and thought it was very sleek and had a good virus database from what i know of it.

Norton 2011 is also *supposed* to be good, but ive never gotten on very well with Norton or Mcafee, they seemed to just let viruses in.

I suggest CCleaner and Malwarebytes. Ok, I know, neither are anti-virus applications in the traditional sense. I don't like using regular anti-virus software as it tends to slow the system down. Running a combination of CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and maybe Spybot as well does a pretty good job of keeping my PCs virus/malware free. You have to do it religiously, though...

I like Comodo Internet Security because of the fact that it will let you control everything you do... Block this through the firewall. Delete this/that if is infected. Very customizable.

I'm using Avast. It's free, light and does the job well. I use to use Norton, but it sucked up heaps of power...

well i used comodo for about 5 min before uninstalling the progam, it locked me out of most of my folders, and it refused to let me install anything, even when i switch it off. so im going to try avast for a while and see how that works out

Personally, I think buying an AV is pointless when you can just get a free one. If you know what you're doing then an AV isn't that necessary anyway.

Well i agree stratosp i was very tempted to buy one, but found avast running it with malwarebytes so far no issues or hassles so im happy

Well i agree stratosp i was very tempted to buy one, but found avast running it with malwarebytes so far no issues or hassles so im happy

Congratulations on your satisfaction with Avast :)
I recommend this to everyone. Been using it for a while now and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom