The problem started after I downloaded and installed a copy of Office 2010 and activated it. I am currently using Windows 7, Firefox 4, Internet Explorer 8, Google Chrome.
Now, it doesn't happen all the times, but it does happen quite often, when I click a link, or try opening a website, it keeps loading, and the status bar tells me, for example, "Waiting for www.google.com" but nothing appears until I stop and refresh. After that, it runs quite smoothly. Also, I have noticed a downward shift in my internet speed.
I have tried the following:
- Settings for No proxy in all the browsers
- Performed a full scan using Avast 4.8 and increased its security settings.
- Run a full scan with Windows defender
- Run a full scan with Malaware Bytes, it did find some infections which were removed but there is no improvement.
- Edited the hosts file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
None of above have solved the problem. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.