Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-26-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
Send a message via MSN to iSpaz
Question Webcam / ICS

Hi there I have a Compaq 2710p and my webcam dose not work now i am not a n00b and i have tried installing the driver for my netbook and the software to install the driver simply says webcam not found any ideas? also I am in the processes of setting up my home network with ics from my mobile broadband dongle involving my windows based cluster server (3 pcs), My shitty laptop, My shitty ^Webcam^ failing netbook and my ipod touch and maybe at some other point some other wifi based devices so the obvious solution is to use my spare pc and basically use it as a router i have a spare wifi card and it has 1 Ethernet port. now the trouble im having is i own a router (Cisco 857w) and it is a pain in the ass my plan is to use mobile broadband to find a way to dual ics to my Ethernet port and to my wifi card then connect the Ethernet to the router then connect the router to the cluster server which will need 3 Ethernet ports so basically what i'm asking is 1. can anybody help with my webcam? 2. is there a way to dual ICS (on any operating system)? 3. is it posable for me to use my router to access the internet from my spare pc that is going to broadcast the ICS from my cluster server that will also connect to the router? any questions please ask i know its complicated.

(my ideas so far for my webcam is maybe i have dropped it and the connection has broken. my ideas for the ICS is blank unless i get a Ethernet hub but no cash...)
iSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote