Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Software and Operating Systems
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Waterfox?

Hi, after most people saying Chrome was superior to Firefox I decided to switch to Chrome. I used it for a while and was actually impressed with how quick it seemed, but the more I used it, the more the auto complete really started to annoy me, so I reverted to Firefox, I was shocked at how slow it seemed after being used to Chrome, so I decided to see if there was another version of Firefox, and sure enough, I came across Waterfox, this claimed to be specifically made for 64 bit systems, so I decided to give it a try, has anyone tried this, are there and security issue's I should know about?

Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jazzo58
Default Re: Waterfox?

I think its the same as Nightly,when i open Nightly it shows Waterfox in top left hand corner,Any how seems to work okay,I have had no security issues or any java issues with this browser,and it is quick a little bit faster than Chrome,most likely to differ between PC,s.I have about 7 browsers installed,and this is the quickest.

jazzo58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #3
The Candyman

Yah, Waterfox is an awesome browser. I'v tried Chrome before and didn't like it. I mean the browser was good and all, but it sucked at streaming video.

I'm sure when they were developing the browser Waterfox, they were thinking about security.So far i like it.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #4
Golden Master

I've tried Firefox and I am not a fan of it, I prefer Chrome. I don't like how Firefox is slower than Chrome and it lacks feature that Chrome already has but I should try this Waterfox out..
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:56 AM   #5
In Runtime

Thanks everyone, so far I'm finding it pretty good, I always loved the layout on Firefox and have used it for years, it took me a while to admit it was no longer the best browser and make the switch to Chrome, but I'm glad they brought out a faster one, I suppose it was inevitable, took 'em long enough, but yeah the features on Chrome were pretty good, I actually forgot to install flash when I went back to Firefox because I was used to Chrome already having it!
Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
xxcobraxx

I've used Firefox pretty much when I joined here, I like it , I think it's the best but that's my opinion, you can do plenty of tweaks in Firefox and if you learn how you'll soon find out why I think it's the best.